Mother’s Day is approaching soon! With the current state of the world, no one is able to go out to celebrate. Quarantine doesn’t have to stop the family from giving mom a great day both at home and from a distance!
Give Mom A Staycation
- Give mom a day off – at home! Make arrangements for her to be completely free of all housework on her special day. There’s no laundry, cooking, or cleaning for her today! Offer to take over the responsibilities of all her daily chores, being sure to tidy up just the way mom likes it, and to prepare all her meals. You can create a homemade gift card entitling her to one full day of all household chores, and present it to mom in the morning.
Do A Fun Photoshoot
- Take a camera, disposable or digital, and make some family memories! These will be special because they were done at home with the whole family spending time together.
Have a Family Movie Night
- Let mom pick out a movie she wants to see, or her favorite one, and get the whole family together to watch it! Pop some popcorn, put on some pajamas, and enjoy!
Family Game Night
- Grab as many board games as you can and partake in some friendly family competition! Let mom pick out some of her favorites first, and get gaming!
Make a Compilation Video From Family Members
- Have extended relatives create a video saying why they appreciate mom. Put all of the videos together and show her all the great things people have to say about her.
From A Distance
Do Window Visits
- If you don’t live with mom and can’t see her due to quarantine, you can drive-by her window! Make signs for her saying how much you love and appreciate her. You can even get other family members involved too!
Take a Virtual Workout Class Together
- A lot of workout classes have moved online and are available to anyone. If mom loves working out, jump on zoom, and workout together!
Send her a Homemade Card
- A homemade card or gift is a special way to let your mom know you love her! Cards are special, and easy to send, especially if you want to get grandkids involved!
Buy Mom’s Favorite Takeout
- A lot of places are doing to-go orders or delivery. Call mom’s favorite restaurant and get a special dinner for her! This way, she doesn’t have to cook and gets to enjoy her favorite meal.
- The most important thing to remember on Mother’s Day is that a lot of moms want to hear from their loved ones, and to know that they were thought of.. Giving mom a call or video chat could easily make her entire day! Make sure you let her know how much you love her!