The holidays will look different this year due to the COVID-19 pandemic, which is why most people will try harder...
Mother’s Day looks very different this year in households around the globe. JMother’s Day looks very different this year in households around the globe. Just because we’re all at home, doesn’t mean mom can’t have a day of pampering! Here are three do it yourself recipes to make the home feel like a spa from various websites! Please be sure to research all the ingredients to ensure they are safe against any allergies or irritation for your mom’s specific skin type.
- This facemask can be made with things in your kitchen! All you’ll need is four teaspoons of milk, and two teaspoons of honey. Warm the milk slightly before mixing it with the honey. Apply the mix on the face while it is still warm, leave on for about 20 minutes, and rinse. This mask will help encourage glowing skin!
- It’s easy to create a relaxing bath bomb for mom! You will need;
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup citric acid
- 1/2 cup Epsom salts
- 1 tsp. water
- 2 tsp. essential oil
- 3 tsp. oil (olive oil)
- Food coloring (any color you want)
- Bath bomb mold (can use any shape or even shape by hand!)
- Once you have the ingredients, all you have to do is combine! Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl and the liquid in the jar. Once combined, slowly add the liquid ingredients to the dry in small amounts. Finally, mold the ingredients however you like! Work quickly because it dries fast. Allow to sit for 24-48 hours!
- Exfoliating is a great way to regain smooth skin! You will need the following ingredients:
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 5-8 drops essential oil
- 2 drops food coloring
- 1 1/2 pint canning jar
- First, microwave the coconut oil for 20 seconds until melted. Next, combine the oil and sugar together until well mixed. Once done, add the food coloring until you reach the desired hue, and add the essential oils for scent. You can use whatever scent or color you like!
These DIY’s are not only fun, but an easy way to give mom some unique gifts to make her feel like she is at a spa retreat in her own home!