Mother’s Day is coming up soon, which means it’s time to think of what the family can do to make mom feel special! With stay-in-home orders in place all over the world, it may be hard to think of different gifts to get mom on her day. Many things around the house can be pulled together quickly to make a homemade gift from the heart mom is sure to love! Here are some ideas we found from various websites!
- All you need for this beautiful bouquet is some pom-poms, pipe cleaner, and ribbon!
- Step 1) Glue the pom-poms on top of the pipe cleaner
- Step 2) Tie or glue all the pipe cleaners in the center of the “stems” together
- Step 3) Tie a ribbon around all the pipe cleaners in a bow to add some more fun color!
- For this project, you will need popsicle sticks, one of mom’s favorite pictures with the kids, construction paper, a glue gun (for adults to handle only), and any craft supplies to decorate the frame!
- Step 1) Take the popsicle sticks and lay them out on the construction paper flat.
- Step 2) Once you know the size the frame needs to be for the photo, glue the sticks to a piece of construction paper slightly smaller than the sticks to keep them together!
- Step 3) Let the kids decorate the frame; however they want!
- Step 4) Once everything is done, attach the photo!
- A homemade card or canvas is such an easy, fun way to make a gift for mom. It’s even better if the kids include handprints so mom can look back in the future and remember that moment!
- Step 1) Have the kids dip their hands in paint and press them on paper or canvas as the centerpiece!
- Step 2) After it dries, decorate the rest of the piece!
- For this fun mug, all you’ll need is a plain white mug, and some oil-based paint markers! Oil-based markers will allow the cup to last through washes.
- Step 1) Let the kids decorate the mugs however they want for mom (it may get messy).
- Step 2) Once the marker dries, put the mug into a cold oven then turn it on.
- Step 3) Bake the cup at 250 for 2 hours!
- Step 4) Allow the mug to cool in the oven completely before taking it out to avoid cracks from temperature change!
Coupon Book For Mom
- Coupon books are an excellent way to show mom your appreciation for all their hard work by offering to take some of it off their hands! All this project requires is some construction paper, yarn, and a hole punch!
- Step 1) Take as many pieces of paper as you’d like for the coupons.
- Step 2) Punch three holes in the paper and tie strings through each of the papers to make a little book!
- Step 3) Allow the kids to decorate the pages with different coupons for mom to redeem from them! A few ideas for coupons are:
- One day to sleep in as late as she wants!
- Help with cooking a meal!
- Breakfast in bed!
- Help cleaning up around the house!
Mother’s Day is about showing mom how much you love and appreciate her! Even if you can’t make her a gift, make sure to give her a big hug and treat her extra special on her day!